Adventures in the Kitchen

So, I am working on my culinary skills (currently consisting of toasting; microwaving; and sometimes even a little boiling) and figured this looked like an easy recipe to try:  Burrito Pie from Allrecipies.com.  I made a few modifications to suit my tastes (I used ground turkey and took out the olives, green chili peppers, taco sauce and substituted a chopped up roma tomoato for the tomatoes with green chili peppers) and so far I think it's turned out all right.

The recipe says to saute the meat and after I lobbed the entire package of ground turkey into the pan I looked up what "saute" meant.  Then ran back to the stove, added a splash of oil and started breaking apart the meat.  So in hindsight, I would crumble the meat up as I put it into the pan instead of as one big hunk o' turkey.

I also looked up "minced" afterwards and realized I may need to keep an eye out for hunks of garlic...

I made it with the goal of reheating it, so haven't tried it with the suggested garnishes of sour cream, lettuce and salsa, but from the little tasting I did I think that will help.  I might also add the taco sauce the next time I make this.

The question now is do I take it to work and test it on the volunteers....or not put them trough that until I've made it a second time...?  :)

It was more successful than when I tried to make Chicken & Black Bean Quesadillas and didn't cook the black beans...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop

2017 Cat Lovers Hop

2017 Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!